Wednesday, May 02, 2007

San Diego was purely an Amy trip :)

Something I hadn't done for at least 10 years. I can't tell you how good it felt to do something for me for once. My purpose for the outing was to attend a photography workshop. It was absolutely amazing and everything I hoped it would be. It wasn't so much about technique as it was about who I am as a photographer and my style. I feel really lucky I was able to go and participate with such amazing photographers. I learned a lot from them and was amazed we all had some of the same insecurities. Baffling to see such awesome work wrapped around self doubt. I guess we all have our moments. I came away with more confidence and a better sense of what I'm communicating through my art. It was amazing.

We had a couple of days to shoot with models so just thought I would share a few of my favorites. I loved working with these darling girls.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

23 comments:

everything pink! said...

really amazing how your camera is a like a magic wand, "cha-ling"
good job girl.

jenny said...

Beautiful work Amy.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amy -- really beautiful!

Jordan said...

Perfect. I'm am thrilled you has a "strictly Amy" trip. And San Diego!! What a town!

melanie said...

Gorgeous, your talent is amazing! I love that you got and 'Amy' weekend. No doubt it was deserved!

Adventures in Baby Fat said...

Wow! Beautiful! Really!

Kristy said...

Beautiful in every sense of the word!!!

Mandy said...

I am so excited that you went to a photography workshop. How wonderful! I really want to take one but it just hasn't been a priority. Once my move is over, I will have to do it.

Your pictures are amazing. They are so striking that each one seriously surprises me. Is that cheesy to say?

annalisa said...

That is always how it is with an artist. You see the complications and imperfections and all we ever see is the masterpiece. What a fun trip. Glad you got to do something fun for just you.

{krista} said...

As always, you have SUCH amazing talent. I do think you are one of my most favorite photographers!

carlo said...

me time is so important. so happy for you that you could add your passion into the me time getaway. love that!

Amy said...

I wish I could go back in time and have you photograph my wedding. Seriously. I could look at your pictures forever!

Crystalyn said...

amy, i love them...they are beautiful. you are so talented. it's so fun to see this and think back to our first conversation about photography over 2 1/2 years ago.

i'm glad you posted these and that you got to go to the workshop.

Amy said...

i am so glad you enjoyed yourself ( how could you not!)

the photos are beautiful.

Angie said...

Beautiful!! I want to learn how! I'm glad you were able to do something just for you.

Unknown said...

These are wonderful. I would love to hear what workshop it was...I am looking into a few for this fall, (skipping out on school to attend--can't wait!) Sounds like you had an awesome time. Love that first shot!

Anonymous said...

These are stunning .. WOW!!
Amy you need to steel my idea!!
I'll come back and vote ... :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning Amy. You are shining through these...I am so happy you liked it.

Brooke said...

Wow, fabulous stuff! I will echo an earlier comment and say I wish you could go back and do my wedding photos. So amazing! I found your blog via Design Mom.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

you have a gift! Really. I love to see people who don't hide their talents under a bussel....and girl you are letting your shine!

Jill said...

I think it's great that you pursued this opportunity and went for it all by yourself. The photos are amazing!

michelle said...

Wonderful. So great that you got to go on a trip by yourself, and for a photography workshop too! Your photos are so amazing, I'll never understand where the self-doubt comes in...

Marla said...

I'm so excited for you, Amy. You've got lots and lots of talent and its about time you realized it! :) I am in love with that first shot ...the lighting, the composition ... gorgeous.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...