"My name is Bella. I like to Play with figure toys. Figure toys are hard plastic people and animals. My birthday is March 24th. My favorite sport is swimming. When I was a baby one Sunday we were eating lunch. I was always tired so that day I put my head in my food. I am 7 years old now and I know better and I have 2 sisters and 0 brothers. It's very fun with no brothers. My family is the best family. My sister is curious about stuff. Her name is Tess M. She is the funniest sister I ever had. When I play with her she always wanted to be a person toy. She last night kept turning on the lights. My other sister is named Megan M. She is two years old and she is potty trained. She is also funny. My cousins are named Whitney and Landon. They are also funny. There are a lot of funny family members."
Tuesday, May 22, 2007
she wrote
She was given an assignment at school to just starting writing about herself. Not to worry about mistakes, it was the first draft, just write freely about you. This is what she brought home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

18 comments:
I love the things she wrote. Simple yet profound. What a treasure.
A peice of Bella at 7. I love that you recorded it.
A wonderful exercise. I love how you share you with us.
I love that you shared that bit of Bella with us. My favorite part of that was how she included "M" after each of her sisters' names. So cute.
And, that is always a good reminder to be gentle with ourselves.
There is nothing quite as special as a childs life history, from their point of view. So sweet.
Bella is so cute, it's fun to read her words.
What a wonderful glimpse into her world! You must have felt overjoyed to read about her love of your family!
I love her writing. It is so fun to read what children think about themselves, their lives, and others.
How sweet to get a glimpse into Bella's mind from her own words.
Bella is so well written. Perfect to write it down here. I like when she said she fell asleep in her food but now she is older and knows better. Too cute.
What a smart girl. She is so adorable. I love how she says Tess M and Megan M. Also that she thinks her sisters are funny and she has the best family. I would pull that one out when she's about 15 and remind her that she once thought you were all great!
she's something special. i love the picture.
trying to get caught up on blogs...
love that you have this for now and always. the writing of children is so precious.
I loved Bella's words. Little kids' stories are completely fascinating to me. I'm glad you shared.
I'd say she has a future in writing!
I just linked over here and have had a great stay cruising your introspective and wonderful space!
oh sweet, sweet bella!!!
love the photo of her!
That is so sweet!
How sweet! My mom saved all of my writing from when I was growing up. I recently sorted through all of my old school work. I threw away most of the "art" (seriously crumbly construction paper projects that were hideous), but could not bear to part with one singe thing that I wrote! It's a scrapbook of sorts, with my own journaling!
Post a Comment