tuesday, january 13 i resolve to take more self-portraits with people i love
tuesday, january 20 i resolve to take more self-portraits while trying new things
tuesday, january 27 i resolve to take more self-portraits doing things i enjoy
Adam and I were at our friends house Saturday night and my friend, out of the blue, said she tries to get her husband to take pictures of her with the kids so she actually makes an appearance (I have been there before, I think a lot of us have, and knew exactly what she meant). Of course my advice was to start taking self portraits and make it happen herself. She looked at me kind of odd, actually they both did, but I think she may take my advice and try.

[we've been playing lots of card games around here]
I hate to think of all the opportunities I would miss out on to capture these moments of us together if I didn't set my camera on the table and use a timer. I know in the future I will be so grateful I have pictures of us all together...including mom. I mean after all I was there too.
17 comments:
you make a very good point. i really need to be better at this!
i love the "poker faces!"
self-portraits have really changed the way i think about journaling my life.
I wish I had photo of my mom playing games with us or making cookies or sewing with us or whatever she used to do. It seems sad and unfair that children can forget so much of the time their mothers spent with them. I love that I'm in more photos with them now and that they will remember us doing so much together.
This is such a good point you have here. Looking through all photos, I have tons of me and tons of them, but not very many of us doing what we do so I need to focus in on that and get to work!
What a great reminder! Taking self- portraits really changed my life!
I love the photo! You're one of my sp inspirations!
This is seriously the best idea since really I am left out of so many pics, which means so many memories. i am going to start doing something like this. GREAT IDEA!
You always have such great pictures. (It sure helps that you are all cute!) I love the idea of capturing some of these moments.
I'm so with you....i've learned this lesson way too many times. I cried last night when I realized I'm not in a single christmas photo, it's like I wasn't even here. I need to make this resolve (again) too.
Just wanted to say "hi" and tell you how much I enjoyed catching up with your blog again this afternoon.
What a great photo! I need to learn how to use my timer!
one of my own resolutions for SPT this year was to use my timer more to try and get more pictures of us in the moments of life...funny my SPT is of us playing a game too!
Amen. And good job! It's a great photo. I'm gonna have to try to figure out my camera's timer, too. It would open a whole new world of possibilities for me!
I really need to remember to use the self-timer on my camera. You always have amazing spt's
This is a great photo of a real game. Love the timer option so you can get these great action photos!
So true! Such a cute pictures of you and your kids.
what adorable card sharks... great spt
Like Jill, I sure wish I had pictures of my mom doing stuff with me when I was little, I have very few memories of that.
I need to become friends with my self-timer!
Post a Comment