Tuesday, September 08, 2009

labor day: bagels, beatings, and a bbq

As a family we hit Einsteins again in honor of Tess' return. Seriously Adam, do we have stock in this company?







Megan doing what she does and dictating where Mom (that would be me) gets to sit...next to her.





Photo taken by Adam. Not the most flattering, but at least it's proof I was there.







This is where the beating took place, except I didn't know it until today. My legs are making it virtually impossible to walk...especially upstairs. Never do lunges if you can help it.



Later in the evening we had some friends over for a bbq. The food, if I do say so myself, was an utter delight which is key when having company over. Adam whipped us up a concoction of brazilian lemonade, thanks to Robyn who made it over the weekend at Lori's bday party. Of course with Adam around the conversation wasn't half bad either. I think it's what Jill refers to as an ab workout.





...and the kids, well, apparently they had the time of their lives because we didn't see the kids all night. I'm not surprised, my girls spend the afternoon preparing to entertain.

It was the perfect way to unofficially end the summer.


Happy Birthday Lolo!!! We love your guts.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

The light in that last shot is divine!

Jill said...

Did the Einstein's people recognize the kids in their normal clothes rather than their pajamas?

michelle said...

Einstein's always sounds good!! I want that lemonade, and I want it in that glass!

Anonymous said...

Oh my that lemonade looks good...really good! I never go get bagels, but you make me want to!

Robyn said...

Sounds like a great day! I wish we had an Einsteins closer to our house. My kids love it and then we could have bagel days too!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...