Saturday, February 02, 2008

to post or not to post

Jill she asked me last night at game night what I've been up to because I'm not blogging. I confided in her that I just didn't know what to blog about. I feel kind of like a one trick pony...and not the good kind.

1. I was going to share a funny story of when Tess gave Megan a big hug and kiss. Megan didn't take it very well and pushed Tess away from her and said, "Ew Tess, I'm not Luke!" (referring to her love for Luke Skywalker...i nearly lost it), but I feel like I've been sharing a lot of my kids lately and sometimes I get bored of it so I figured you would too.

2. I was going to share this photo

I took of Bella a few days ago that seemed to capture my mood perfectly at the time, but then again it's the same old story and if I talk about my soft mood one more time you might tell me I need some professional help and I'm just not ready for that.

3. I want to share the project I've been working on non stop for the past 2 weeks, but I can right now, it's a gift. I will when it's done though, in fact I look forward to it.

So today I share this

1.

We had a visitor today that keep the girls busy for a while. I never mind them being in the backyard, but it's a bit disturbing to look out your window and see this big animal that shouldn't be there.

2. I've been organizing today and have decided to make it a week long project. Meaning, now that my desk in the kitchen looks like this
I will document the journey of my mess by taking pictures each day. I am hoping this will give my a better understanding of how it all happens.

3. Along those same lines...tonight Adam is having some friends over and I will be banished to my room, no problem with that, so I'll hopefully be listening to a good book and organizing my studio. It's been getting away from me for a while now and needs some attention.

Here it is right now and I will show you Monday what it looks like when it's clean/organized. Perhaps I will do the same thing as above and take pictures of it everyday to see if I can understand how the mess is created, but honestly, I think I already know the answer to that.

What did you do today?
Do you ever wonder if you should or shouldn't post about something?

14 comments:

Carrie said...

I check your blog everyday, and I don't even know you! I love what you write and I love looking at your pic's, so keep it up, don't ever think you are boring your audience. and most of the time I feel like I can relate with your moods, I feel "soft" ALOT!

Jill said...

Whenever I think I don't have anything to post about I sit down and the computer and just start typing, some of my best posts have come from not knowing what to say.

I can't believe a deer that huge can hop the fence to get into your backyard, wow.

How glorious to spend the evening in your room tonight. I love your studio!

Holly O. said...

I check your blog every day too and I don't know you either! I personally enjoy your insight, your "soft spot," your photos, your projects, your studio. And I especially love to see an Amazon box on the table. Makes me wonder, what did you order?

Jordan said...

Only about 2% of my life and what I think about ends up on my blog and I'm not even sure if that 2% is accurate. You're not alone. By the way, it is your blog, you post when you want what you want, baby!!

Natasha said...

I love checking your blog and seeing a new post!
I often question whether I should keep posting the same old things - pics of my kids doing crafts, riding bikes, etc. and wonder if I write to much about Griffin's speech and OT issues, Luci's obsession with reading, etc. But then I remind myself that it's MY blog!I hope one day I'll be thankful that I documented the "everyday-ness" of my life as a mom working outside the home and trying my best to raise 2 kids.

Anonymous said...

I really go through waves as well- and only record a small percentage of my actual goings on. Whenever I have doubt on to post or not, I usually end up reading some archives and then feel grateful they are there and that motivates me to post.

An evening in your studio... now that is worth documenting! It is just a cool space.

Robyn said...

I know what you mean about not posting the dark moods. Sometimes I think if I come out with what I am really thinking people will think I am crazy. But I guess we all have our low/crazy moments- maybe that is just who we are. I also judge the interest on my blog by the # of responses, which is never high, so when I don't feel like blogging I figure no one will notice anyway. With you, that's not the case! I hope the guys weren't too loud and crazy Sat nite. Did you get alot done?

Anonymous said...

I can't think of one post from you that I haven't gained insight from. I absolutely love your picture of Bella, just beautiful! I feel soft too, and I often don't know what to post about. But it is fun to just start typing and see where it goes.
I hope you had fun being banished to your studio, that would have been heaven!

Anonymous said...

I go through waves of blogger's block, too. But, I think you should feel comfortable posting whatever is on your mind. It's your blog, of course. :)

rebecca said...

Hi, Amy! I loved what you didn't mean to share, and what you eventually decided to. I am looking through a whole year of my posts, making a book out of them, and all together, rants and boring posts combined, they make up *me*, you know?
I totally relate - and recently took a whole month off, to boot.

Amanda Conley said...

One of the reasons that I read your blog is because you make me feel like it's ok to be normal. I always have those days where I completely over-analyze everything that I do and then I get really annoyed with myself. Reading about you and the little bit that you post about how you are feeling helps me put into perspective the life of a mom, and that I'm not alone. So, Thanks.

bryn said...

i almost never know what to post about, which is why i only consider myself a sometime blogger. i never want to share too much or too little. but when i do blog, i always enjoy reading yours.

TX Girl said...

I agree with you about posting vs. not posting. I know that I have a hard time coming up with posts on a regular basis, which has resulted in very sporadic posts. I could always post about my kids, but like you.. I get a little bored, especially since it only represents part of me.

Hope you find the balance you want.

Sounds like you have some fun projects going on.

Anonymous said...

i love to check in and see what creative things you are doing...

and the clear space you have-- few disractions.

and the deer? wow!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...