Thursday, September 04, 2008

September 4th and the decision has already been made

Photobucket

Meg: "Daddy, what's that girls name I'm going to be for Halloween?"

Dad: "What girl?"

Meg: "You know, the one with the beautiful sparkly red shoes."

Dad: "Do you mean Dorothy?"

Meg: "Yep, that one."

Dad: "Do you even know who Dorothy is?"

Meg: said with utter confidence, "Ya, she's the one with the red sparkly shoes."

Does she really need to know anything more? She found these shoes yesterday and hasn't taken them off since. I'm afraid by the time Halloween comes along all the red sparkles will have fallen off. Oh well, at least she would have enjoyed them. I got to be honest though, I don't know how I'm going to make it until Halloween listening to her talk about Dorothy...it's been non stop since yesterday.

11 comments:

melanie said...

Amy, what size is she? I have a really cute handmade Dorothy costume that I found on eBay a couple years ago. Then she'd have another thing she wouldn't take off with those sparkly shoes. It has just been sitting around, I could never bring myself to goodwill it.

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

What a GORGEOUS photo. The angle and the contrast of the red shoes with the green dress are perfect. Please tell me you are going to print it and hang it in your home.

Lara Neves said...

My daughter is going to be Dorothy this Halloween too! In fact, we're doing a whole Wizard of Oz theme.

May I ask where you found the red sparkly shoes? I haven't been able to find any?

amy gretchen said...

lara we got them at target.

Lucy said...

It really is a stunning picture. Almost makes me wish I had a pair of shoes like that!

Cute. Good luck making it until Halloween.

Carin Davis said...

they are BEAUTIFUL on her!

Robyn said...

She would make such a cute Dorothy! How adorable. We've just started talking about what the kids want to be. So far I have two pirates! Not sure what Ashley will be. I am sure it will change again in about a week!

michelle said...

I'm impressed that she already knows what she wants to be! When you've got shoes like that, it's kind of a no-brainer.

Anonymous said...

Sadie was Dorothy last year. She looked so cute. However, her Red Shoes were too big and drove her crazy to trick or treat in. (She was basically forced to finish off the evening in her costume!) Good luck, and I hope it works better for you than it did me. Cute picture by the way!

Bond Girl 007 said...

do they have them in size 9? I'm in although, after watching wicked, I am sure I would opt for either the fairy or the witch

Crystalyn said...

adorable!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...