
An unexpected family activity came Friday night in Adam's parents backyard as we gathered together,

set up tents, made dinner in dutch ovens,

roasted marshmallows in their fire pit


and talked the night away by a cozy wood burning fire.
I thought it was going to be a lot of work for one night, but it was so enjoyable and such a perfect night to just hang outside by the fire. I hope this can become a family tradition as my girls are already talking about when we get to do it again...they loved it. Thanks Kathy for putting it together.
This camp out really made me wish Adam and I were campers (ok campers is a strong word, but I certainly wish we did it more than we do now, which is never). There are so many beautiful places around and we both enjoy the outdoors I just can't believe we don't do it. Hopefully this overnighter will help encourage us to appreciate and experience the world right outside our doors.
7 comments:
Sounds like such a fun family night! I hope you guys do it more and venture out on your own with your little family as well. I just love camping!
wow sounds like you have a great mum in law doing soo many fun activiities and always doing something fun with the grandkids...those memories will go for a very very long time. She is just the epidimy of youthful outlook on life! What great memory for your girls.
I'm so glad it worked out so well, and I hope this will become a family tradition for us.
It looks like a huge success. I admit to softly chuckling at your "strong word" reference to being campers. Whenever I do go, I wonder why I don't go more often as well. And I do consider myself a camper:)
I hope, for everyone's sake, it becomes a great family tradition of yours.
That's my kind of camping! Looks like a very cool family tradition in the making.
yeah, the beautiful mountains around here are just plain gorgeous to be in them...how fun, what fun mother in law you have!
how fun! i am with you on wanting to do it more...it's so accessible where we're at.
Post a Comment