So there I was this afternoon watching my tivoed version of the American Idol finale (might I add it was such a good finale), sitting on the edge of my bed anxiously awaiting the results, even though I was certain who would win, when Ryan Seacrest was handed the top secret envelope. I was waiting waiting, you know how they love to keep you anticipating, when Ryan said,"and the winner is David (pause)" and my tivo recording stopped...it went no further. All that was heard throughout my house was screaming as I was left there to wonder....WHICH DAVID?!!!!
Thank goodness the internet (youtube) was only a few steps away.
18 comments:
That is just plain funny.
unbelievable!
I just realized 'unbelievble' was in your post title. What a dork I am. Let's try, astonishing. Or, wait, how about, mind-blowing. Or maybe something more simple, like how unfortunate.
That is so funny. But kind of sad also. Glad you found out. I knew D.C was going to win but i did love D.A. and didnt really care who won or loss. Somebody brought something up yesterday to me about D.A. not being able to go on a mission unless they send him to a
3rd world contry where nobody knows about him. it broke my heart because it is so true.
-Ireland
That is so funny- the same thing happened to us! It said it had recorded for 1 hour and 1 min but apparently that wasn't enough. How painful. Yeah, it wasn't hard to find it online, thank goodness!
that's hilarious!
yay! so glad you saw it! i thought it was a great finale.
That's crazy. I was afraid that was going to happen with our DVR last night because the show was running long. Fortunately it didn't, but it has happened before.
ME TOO! Except I was watching those last cut off words at 9:08 last night.
Drives me crazy when that happens. Right before ti got over (we were behind) I had the thought to tape the next show. I never have that thought. So glad I did or I would have a post like this, :).
EXACT same scenario at our house. I immediatley changed the future recording times of "So You Think You Can Dance" to 5 min overtime!!
Such a bummer. I learned the results (because I never watched it) online. It's good for information. And I get to avoid the whole Ryan Seacrest thing, which is good for me:)
I pray your TiVo is more kind for SYTYCD. I even love the auditions. Even if the judges can be a little mean for laughing at people, I still like them better than the three stooges on AI.
Oh, those networks! They're getting too smart for the TiVo! Thank goodness the Internet will always allow us to be at least one step ahead of them.
No way! That's happened to me with several different shows, it's lame. So were you surprised or did you know David Cook would win? Because I thought David A. would win and I was shocked. (but not exactly disappointed)
I agree it was a great finale. Jason had set the DVR to go a few minutes past the end of the show and we still got cut off right after the result. It didn't matter. I was so curious that I looked it up online as soon as I knew it had been announced on the East Coast. This is the first season where I have loved both final contestants.
oh no...good thing you had an alternative....if not it would have been soooo sad.
I told you David was going to win. Actually after reading your post I was curious which one won so I had to check your comments. Too bad the little mormon boy didn't win, but maybe it's for the best.
We had three little boys hanging on the edge of our seats with us....they were so devastated! Note to self for next time!
this totally gave me a good laugh. I was pretty happy with the outcome, you?
Post a Comment