Monday, May 26, 2008

memorial day...bday celebration

Today we got together with Adam's family, ate lunch at Training Table, and then went bowling. We decided to make it a party for Tess as well since her birthday is Wednesday and it was the one thing she wanted to do.






it cracks me up that she's the only one not smiling...perhaps too many photos




she got loads of craft and art supplies


This is what it looked like most of the time...chaos. The kids never really knew whose turn it was and they all wanted to help each other. It was the good kind of chaos though, the kind you can just sit back and let happen.


A close up of the "cupcake" cake. Adam did the decorating and Lori supplied the pan.

It was a fun afternoon spent with family celebrating a birthday. I know Tess had a great time, she already wants to do it again.

As for the rest of the afternoon. We ended up at Barnes and Noble for a while where I bought a few books for the kids for this summer. Afterward we headed home in the crazy rain and upon arrival I went straight to my room to read (it's nice when kids are old enough that you can do this) and quickly fell asleep. I didn't want to, but I couldn't help it. Adam worked on painting my cabinets black, the last step in my bathroom transformation, so I'm that much closer to sharing my toilet free bathroom.

9 comments:

Tasha said...

It looks like such a fun birthday! I love the cake! Stella's first birthday is Sunday and I am trying to decide if I should make her more than a cupcake to play in...

Unknown said...

That cake is SO cute. Looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

I love that cake- he did a great job! The whole day sounds lovely- except the driving in the rain part. That I could have done without!

Jill said...

I thought the family outing combine with Tess' birthday party turned out fabulously!

Anonymous said...

I love reading about what you guys do after we've been together. I'm surprised that Adam can go home and begin working on a project. What a guy!

Robyn said...

It's so funny when I read your words, "Adam's family" because I just think of us as family- I forget that you have another side (yours). That might sound weird, but I just don't think of you as a part of any other family but ours.

Tess' cake was so cute and I thought the day was lots of fun. I loved how we could let the kids eat on their own and for the most part, bowl on their own too. Yeah! They are finally getting big and we can actually have conversations and enjoy ourselves too!

eryn said...

What a great day! This is such a fun age. I still remember when you brought her down when Taye was born. What a love!

Anonymous said...

That cakes looks SOOO yummy!! The party looked super cool. How fun, glad the kids had a blast~

Bond Girl 007 said...

S E R I OUS LY THAT CAKE IS TO DIE FOR. I love love love love love it, the roses ohhhh my! what an adorable cake and fun birthday!

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...