Thursday, May 08, 2008

It was going to be perfect.

He is scheduled to depart for Las Vegas in 9 days. It occurred to me last night at 5pm how easy it would be to follow along. The hotel was covered so all I needed was a plane ticket and someone to watch the girls.

My mother-in-law graciously accepted the challenge so I was off, ready to spend 3 days by a pool, reading, shopping, sleeping, whatever I wanted to do as I waited for his meetings to end.

We would have the nights together doing what only two conservative religious individuals can do in Vegas...we would have fun, eat very well, and best of all, we would be together kid free.

enter a bump in the road...no a wall.

He sent a text this morning with the plane ticket info...$450 round trip. Oh. We could drive?...not enough time. Oh. A broken heart, a dream shattered, but I recovered well. Apparently it wasn't meant to be.

Perhaps next time, definitely next time we'll have to make it work.

16 comments:

Kim Sue said...

sorry..it sounded so perfect.

Jill said...

What in the world? That's outrageous money for a flight to Las Vegas. Are you sure you can't make the drive?

Bond Girl 007 said...

Oh Amy with all that arranged, I would have gotten in my car at 4am and be there by 10 am...can't believe it was that much....bummer

Anonymous said...

Ames, I so sad that the girls won't be coming for those three days and nights! I had so much planned to do with them. I think we'll have to go through with it and let them come anyway, okay? So you lay in the sun and shop at home. How bad is that? And you'll have that $450.00 to spend!

jenny said...

That would be disappointing. Sorry that your trip fizzled. Hopefully their will be a raincheck soon!

Midge said...

Yeah my husband is going for work next week to vegas and I told him I only wanted to go if he got a hotel room instead of stay with his sister and he only wants me to go if we stay with his sister, baby issues. So I guess I'm staying home. Lame. Maybe you should drive down with my husband instead.

Anonymous said...

Oh man- I so wish you could drive there, alone even! Those 12 driving hours in the car to listen to whatever you wanted and think would be a vacation! I hope it works out next time. And at least you got to lose yourself for a while in the anticipation of such a vacation!

Anonymous said...

Now that just bites!!!!
I like the idea that Kathy said. Still do as planned and live it up at home. Although, I know it won't be the same without your hubby to spend it with BUT you two will be together in heart and mind soooooo that can't be to bad!!! I hope you are able to get that time with him soon. I'll pray for it. =)

Laurie said...

Is he gone yet? If not, email me for a possible solution!

Shannon said...

Next time fly Jetblue. That flight just opened up and is VERY cheap!

Unknown said...

Sad...so utterly sad. :( Hate it when plans change.

Bond Girl 007 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh that would have been wonderful. It's so sad that flights have gone up so much. Oh well, maybe another time right?

(BTW, put some new tunes on my blog you may be interested in)

Tasha said...

Ouch! That is a wall! That is a flight to Hawaii! You two should have canned LV and flown to Hawaii! I've never heard of a trip to LV for that much!..
Blech- there will be a next time!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're having a good weekend, despite this disappointment. Next time, for sure!

Crystalyn said...

SUCH a let down! oh to get one's hopes up for something as blissful as that and then have it not work out. sad. hopefully next time it will work out.

you might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...