It's weird to have this feeling that anything is possible, but then let my fears creep in and cause me to pause. This morning I finally got the book I had been anxiously waiting for, Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts in the mail. I've been devouring it all morning, absorbing her words and being inspired. In there she says,
"anything is possible in our lives when we stop denying ourselves the chance to see our own potential."When I read these words a light went on. For far too long I've been afraid of what I'm capable of because that means I need to put myself out there. After all the more you know the more you need to do. Life can be a very safe place when you don't push yourself and explore what could be and I don't want to be safe anymore. I'm giving myself, as hard as it is, permission to be vulnerable.

[Kelly Rae inspired painting that's not completely done. Still need to fill in the face and add a few other details.]
For a long time now I've been trying to find my voice. Along the way, I've realized I draw inspiration from what others have done and when I duplicate their work I learn, I grow, and continue to find the things that will make me unique. There was a time when I thought I wasn't unique at all and that maybe my talent was simple figuring out and creating others work; however, through this last year of trying new things, I've begun to understand that our voice is often found by exploring others. We learn from each other and take pieces of them into our own life. Is that not why we have each other? To help us grow and see our own potential...to become our best self. I don't think we could ever be what we are without the people in our life supporting, cheering, challenging, pushing, and inspiring us to continue with our dreams.
I love thinking that what we are and who we end up becoming are all pieces of the individuals we let into our life. It made me think about blogging/internet and how it allows me the opportunity to learn from individuals I would have never known other wise. I'm definitely a better person because of it. I'm not sure where my creative endeavors will take me or how my story will play out, but I do know that I am grateful to all of you who have inspired me one way or another to find my voice and help shape my journey.

So whatever it is holding you back from your dream or your goal, let it go, and just go for it. Fly.
9 comments:
I shared very similar thoughts in a post earlier this week and love the idea of letting go the stuff holding us back so we can be who we are really meant to be here on earth. thanks for opening up to us, the unknown bloggies out there. your words are thought-provoking, and that helps me fly.
I just love your art, Amy! You've got to start selling it!
Thanks for this post. I think many of us have similar thoughts, I know I do. If you read my marathon post then you know that I had a similar experience recently- discovering my inner strength and realizing that I am capable of whatever I want to achieve. I totally believe it's true, it's all in our mind. One of my favorite quotes is "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford. Your book sounds great! Can I read it when you're done?
i went visiting teaching today and similar thoughts came to my mind-- i must say that every time i read your blog i feel inspired-- whether it be your phenomenal writing, amazing photography, or uniquely original artwork-- i am left going, i want to be like that :D thanks for being my inspiration and helping me to realize some of the creative potential that's inside of me
very profound.
i hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog. i am very inspired by your work! you have great talent, so keep it up!
Confidence + Amy = Greatness!
I am so excited for you and happily look forward to watching your potential and your talent "taking flight."
after this evenings talk from Pres. Uchtdorf I thought of you. I hope it meant as much to you as it did to me :D
Wow, thanks for passing along the inspiration! We could all use a little more confidence in our lives. I love reading your blog and I've learned so much from you. I hope others feel the same about me and mine. Keep the morsels coming!
LOVED this post! Thank you so much for sharing and that picture is soooo cool! I have kellys book but havent delved in yet! So exciting to see you try something scary...
thank you for sharing your feelings about individual and eternal potentiel we have. I also read this visiting teaching message and loved it. I'm grateful too, to have those encouraging words to help me going on, in this life. and grateful for others. I do agree with you. Keep going and doing those beautiful art. I wish I could find time again to perfect myself in that way. if you're interested, go to take a pick to my "Part of me" blog...
http://racheld50.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment